Career Level Red Seal
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 2022-17769
No. of Openings 1
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Journeyperson Mechanic will report to the Mine Maintenance Supervisor.
This Special Assignment position is a one year term.
What you will do:
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with Nutrien safety policies and procedures
- Provide technical diagnosis, perform maintenance, complete troubleshooting and repair work on various large mining equipment
- Support continuous improvement programs by maintaining equipment records and repair history and providing data for cause and failure analysis
What you will bring:
- Red Seal Journeyperson Certification as Heavy Duty Mechanic or Agricultural Mechanic
- Demonstrated commitment toward safety
- Stable work record with 3 to 5 years’ experience, preferably in an underground mine
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.