Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID JOURN008316
No. of Openings 1
Department Maintenance & Skilled Trades
West Fraser is a leading diversified wood products company and listed on the NYSE and TSX. Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2022 and BC’s Top Employers for 2021, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team.
Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Mercer International joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We are currently looking for a motivated:
JOURNEYPERSON INSTRUMENTATION MECHANIC
Reporting to the E&I Supervisor, the Instrumentation Mechanic will perform their duties as a member of the Electrical and Instrumentation department and collaborate with other departments of the division.
Regular work schedule:
- Monday to Thursday, nine hour day shifts
- Every second Friday off, with the other Friday being an eight hour shift
- This means working four days one week and five days the next week, averaging to 80 hours of work per pay period
- Work on instruments ranging from pressure transducers, weightometers, flow controllers, various level and temperature sensors; ensure all systems are wired to communicate with the DCS;
- Responsible for instrumentation equipment maintenance;
- Regular field and programming troubleshooting / adjustments of equipment;
- Ensure that the instrument readings are reliable and accurate at all times;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
- Delta V programming and hardware maintenance;
- PM and repair of various site analyzers;
- Any other duties required by the Supervisor.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Journeyperson Instrumentation Mechanic
- Willingness and ability to work over-time and weekends occasionally
- Industrial experience
- Experience in reading engineering drawings
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment issues with electrical and instrumentation
- Experience using a computer for record keeping and documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively, as well as good verbal and written English skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comprehension of complex work instructions and documentation as well as the ability to perform duties with little direction
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, we offer a rewarding career with full-time work, plus the opportunity for overtime. We also offer an attractive relocation package.
Cariboo Pulp and Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community. For more information on the city of Quesnel, visit https://www.quesnel.ca/.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.