Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 2022-16345
No. of Openings 1
Journeyperson Industrial Mechanic or Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic – (Lanigan, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career while earning a competitive salary and great benefits.
The Journeyperson Mechanic reports to the Mine Mechanical Supervisor.
What you will do:
- Work safely in a mining environment and able to follow the procedures and policies that are in place
- Inspect, diagnose, adjust, repair, fabricate, modify, and install plant equipment
- Plan, layout, and use trade skills for assigned work
- Play a critical role not only ensuring your own safety, but also the safety of others
What you will bring:
- Valid Saskatchewan Provincial or Inter-provincial Journeyperson Industrial or Heavy-Duty Certificate
- Previous experience in an industrial environment is an asset
- Positive safety behavior and safety leadership
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in the field or shop environment
- Ability to interact positively with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a labour-intensive team environment as well as independently
- Willingness to learn and gain adequate knowledge and experience through training
- Stable work record
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment and that proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
Need help finding the right job?