Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 2021-16263
No. of Openings 1
Mine Labourer – (Lanigan, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position reports to the Mine Production Supervisor and Mine Construction Supervisor.
What you will do:
- Work safely in a mining environment and able to follow the procedures and policies that are in place
- Support mining machine operators through manual labour, including shoveling tail pulleys, scaling, loading and unloading of miscellaneous supplies and equipment, piling materials, adding and reclaiming hardware, hanging cables, installing line brattice for ventilation, setting up extensible belts, and other duties as needed
- Play a critical role in ensuring your own safety and the safety of others
What you will bring:
- Grade 12 diploma or GED
- Stable work record
- Previous experience in an industrial environment would be an asset
- Positive safety behavior and be a safety leader
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact positively with co-workers and supervisors
- Willingness to learn and gain adequate knowledge and experience through training
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a labour-intensive team environment as well as self-guided
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive organization. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran