Career Level Journeyman
Experience 10-15 Years
Posting ID 2021-15988
No. of Openings 1
Millwright Planner – (Carseland, Alberta, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Millwright Planner reports to the Planning & Scheduling Supervisor.
This position is located in Carseland, Alberta, Canada and is not eligible for remote work.
What you will do:
- Coordinate of maintain planning for the Millwright/Machinist Department
- Plan work orders in the SAP planning backlog based on priorities set by operations coordinators
- Effectively communicate requirements, including all safety concerns (life critical, energy isolation requirements, PPE, etc.)
- Assist with backlog review and prioritization
- Create, edit, and maintain task lists for routine and repeatable jobs
- Update bill of materials as required
- Support outage and TA planning as directed
- Be responsible for minimizing use of free text purchase requisitions utilizing material governance program (Spares Finder) to create new material numbers
- Work with technical resources for effective planning of (MOC) changes
- Work with project engineers to support project planning and implementation
- Be responsible for cost control of work plans and parts ordering. Look for opportunities for efficiencies
- Perform work order review and release
- Audit previous plans for accuracy and implement improvements in future work
- Support Maintenance execution team with expert knowledge of execution plans to ensure jobs progress to the plan
- Communicate regularly with strategic procurement to ensure material availability when required
- Communicate with maintenance trades and supervisor to ensure timely feedback with respect to work plans is provided and received
- Support other planners in the team by sharing knowledge and providing solutions
- Regularly attend and participate in all safety meetings and town halls
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma
- Journeyman Millwright Trade ticket
- Expert knowledge in millwright trade within chemical process industry
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an industrial processing plant
- Working experience with SAP and Microsoft Office Suite would be considered an asset
- Excellent planning skills, excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to understand work at a detailed level, while also a competent leader in development of the best overall follow through of the job
- Passionate and motivated to be a safety leader
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment and that proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran