Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd. is a Canadian diamond mining company situated approximately 200 kilometers south of the Arctic Circle in Canada’s Northwest Territories. The company operates the Ekati Diamond Mine, in which it owns a controlling interest. It supplies rough diamonds to the global market through its sorting and selling operations in Canada and Belgium, and is Canada’s largest independent diamond producer.
Arctic maximizes the sales value of its rough stones from the Ekati Diamond Mines and maintains a preferred position as a supplier of rough diamonds to the world’s diamond manufacturers (cutters and polishers) by dealing directly with them and tailoring rough diamond parcels to the client’s particular needs.
Why Arctic Canadian Diamond Company?
At Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd., we believe people are our most important asset. That is why we are fully committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and to establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and committed to creating an environment where people can learn, grow, and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions, and adult education initiatives, all of which encourage employees and contractors to strive for growth and development.
Since beginning operations in 1998, the Ekati Diamond mine has become internationally recognized as a world-class supplier of top-quality rough diamonds. Now operated by Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd., the Ekati mine provides unique operational challenges, rewarding career development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Reporting to the Team Leader – Electrical Services and working three (3) weeks on / three (3) weeks off rotation at the Ekati Mine site, this role will be responsible for surface and underground electrical installations, power distribution, preventative maintenance programs and process equipment systems.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations;
- Install, replace and repair electrical control and distribution equipment such as VFD’s and Motors:
- Install, replace and repair distribution equipment such as portable power sub-stations and associated power distribution equipment;
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair;
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components;
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Journeyperson Electrician – Red Seal Certificate.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent;
- Minimum of five years’ related mining experience.
- Experience in an industrial setting, preferably mining.
- Ability to work outside in a cold environment and working at heights with various types of elevated work platforms.
- Ability to work both surface and underground on both days and night shift.
- Instrumentation experience and a working knowledge of SAP and basic computer literacy with willingness to learn new computer skills;
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
The Company provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other Northern fly points as indicated in the NWT Socio-Economic Agreement for the Ekati mine.
Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company is committed to Employee Equity, supports diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic Canadian Diamonds Impact Benefit Agreement groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume, to receive priority consideration.
For information about the beautiful region in which our mines are located visit www.spectacularnwt.com.
If this position interests you and you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for, please apply!