Career Level Journeyman
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID R-2022-2849
No. of Openings 1
Union/Non Union Position
The Journeyman Electrician is responsible for the service tasks on product line ranging from general product line to small equipment repairs. Also service and repairs to temporary power panels, light towers, heaters, motor starters and submersible pumps.
Major Job Functions:
Service Troubleshooting and Repairs:
- Performs quality repairs to Wirtanen fleet of equipment
- Solves problems from diagnosis to correction
- Co-ordinates product repairs
- Works closely with apprentices on proper application of tools and test equipment
- Oversees implementation of safety rules
- Applies necessary rules pertaining to CEC standards
- Interfaces with customers as needed in a courteous, business-like manner
- Participates in achieving customer satisfaction and product quality
- Works closely with their peers in the shop
- Keeps paperwork current to insure thorough action on all transactions
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient reading skills
- Basic knowledge of computer applications
- Good understanding of electrical systems
- Thorough knowledge of current Canadian electrical code applications
Education & Experience:
- Possess Journeyperson Electrician Certificate
- Must possess the technical knowledge to perform service tasks on our product line of temp power equipment including: power distribution panels ranging from 100Amp to 3000Amp, transformers, disconnects, splitters, common-bus, electric heaters, motor starters and a wide range of other electrical products in order to fully support our customers temporary power needs.
- Experience testing high voltage equipment would be considered an asset.
- Valid drivers license
- Must submit a successful Driver Abstract contingent to being selected for position
Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.