Career Level Journeyperson
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R13249
No. of Openings 1
We are seeking experienced Skilled Carpenters and Apprentice Carpenters for an LNG construction project in Kitimat, BC. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team who prides themselves on safety. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team in Kitimat!
- Comprehend drawings to prepare layouts including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, and measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions
- Understand industrial concrete forming and engineered forming systems to accurately build concrete forms
- Check completed units to be sure they are level, square, plumb, and the right size, shape, and location
- Ability to work from heights
- Have a Journeyperson Carpenter Ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Non-ticketed carpenters must have 4+ years relevant experience to the industrial carpentry trade
- Apprentice Carpenters must be registered with a recognized provincial training authority
- Experience with using formwork systems
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Successful candidates will require CSTS 2020, CSO or BSO
- Experience on Industrial projects is an asset
- Experienced applicants that reside in Kitimat, BC or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14 days on / 7 days off rotational shift, 10-hour work days
- Camp based accommodation provided for non-local candidates
- Travel allowance / flights provided from approved locations
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!