Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 1975
No. of Openings 1
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada and the United States. We have workforce of talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
PTW is hiring Journeyman Welders to join our team in Lower Mainland, British Columbia. If you are available to start in the new year, we want to hear from you!
GOOD TO KNOW
- Local position or within commuting distance
- Work Schedule – 5 days on and 2 days off
- Location: Lower Mainland, BC
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Reads and interprets blueprints or welding process specifications and welding symbols.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and oxy-acetylene cutting (OAC).
- Completes assigned work within given timeframe and according to specifications.
- Accurately completes paperwork including, but not limited to, time sheets, weight sheets, hazard analysis sheets etc.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Adjusts welding equipment and tooling according to work specifications.
- Must be a certified CWB Journeyman Welder.
- Welders may specialize in certain types of welding such as custom fabrication, structural construction welding or machinery and equipment repair welding.
- Ensures all required CWB qualifications are current.
- Possesses solid understanding of welding equipment and welding accessories.
- Possesses knowledge of pre-heat and post-heat temperatures and applications.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable (i.e.: punctual and ready to work).
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work safely.
- Must have applicable safety tickets (CSTS-09, WHMIS 2015, Standard First Aid, Fall Arrest, AWP)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | PTW Apprenticeship Tuition Program | RRSP program available | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Consistent work | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the provincial and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team.
PTW is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION