Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 22657
No. of Openings 1
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Komatsu Mining’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment.
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, prescription drug, health spending account, paramedical, medical, vision)
- Registered Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Company supplied tools
- Ability to be a part of an exciting innovative company developing new state of the art technology and equipment
Please visit our website https://mining.komatsu/ for more information.
We are currently looking to add a Journeyman Welder to our Labrador City Shop and Field Service.
Reports to: Shop Manager
Shift: 14×14 or 7×7
Location: Labrador City, NL
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
- Welding mining equipment, in a shop or at a mine site, including mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Maintenance, repair, service, and inspection of the mining equipment
- Proficiency in all position use of: GMAW, FCAW, SMAW; all sizes of weld wire
- Reading and interpretation of blueprints
- Proficient in the use of oxy/fuel cutting equipment, electric welding machines
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment at all times
- Ensuring the safety of both you and co-workers
- Other duties, as needed
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bilingual considered an asset
- Education: Certified journeyperson qualified to work in the Province of Newfoundland
- Experience: 3 to 7 years welding experience
- Repair of mine equipment including trucks and shovels; structural welding
- Ability to build up bores requiring repair
- All position CWB certification an asset
- Heat treatment experience and history of welding with 3/32 wire is an asset
- Completion of Safety courses
- Experience working on Joy Global product lines is an asset; mechanical experience is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be a certified journeyperson and Red Seal (or equivalent in Quebec)
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a can do attitude, team player, commitment to safety, continuous quality/process improvement and successful project delivery
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please.
Komatsu Mining Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.