Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 25261
No. of Openings 1
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
With a focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package (health & dental, vision coverage, healthcare spending account, and life insurance)
- Personal wellness spending account
- Company sponsored registered pension plan (RPP), and matching program.
- Safety boot voucher
- Paid vacation
- Company supplied tools
- 4/5 Rating on GlassDoor · Sustainable employment
- Ability to be a part of an exciting innovative company developing new state of the art technology and equipment
Please visit our website https://komatsu.com for more information.
- We are currently looking to add a Journeyman Welder to our Edmonton field team.
Reports to: Foreman, Field Services
Location: Edmonton, AB
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
Key Job Responsibilities
- Welding mining equipment, as a dedicated field day service employee, and/or in the shop when required
- Proficiency in all position use of: GMAW, FCAW, SMAW; all sizes of weld wire
- Perform maintenance and repair work at client sites
- Maintain company quality standards
- Reading and interpretation of blueprints
- Proficient in the use of oxy/fuel cutting equipment, electric welding machines
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment at all times
- Ensuring the safety of both you and co-workers
- Other duties, as assigned
- Certified Journeyman qualified to work in the province of Alberta
- 3 to 7 years welding experience on heavy equipment
- Must have no restrictions for access for any mine site
- Repair of mine equipment including trucks and shovels
- Line boring/machining experience and ability to build up bores requiring repair
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and experienced in working in field and shop environments
- CWB certification is an asset
- Heat treatment experience an asset, as well as history of welding with 3/32 wire
- Safety courses
- P&H mechanical experience is an advantage
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License, no restrictions
Komatsu is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, creed, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, military service, medical condition, physical or mental disability, and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal and provincial Human Rights legislation.
Komatsu is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to all applicants due to a disability and can be requested by contacting our recruitment team.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please.