Career Level Journeyman
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 564
No. of Openings 2
NCSG Hauling & Rigging is looking for an experienced Journeyman Picker/Boom Truck Operator with a Class 1 license. This position will be based out of our Bonnyville branch. The operator is an integral member of the team responsible for following all company and client policies and procedures and representing the company in a professional manner.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Operate a 45-ton Boom Truck and associated equipment in a safe, responsible, and professional manner.
- Working with and mentoring swampers / riggers.
- Know and follow road and crane regulations.
- Perform pre-operational inspections including hazard assessments, calculating crane capabilities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting.
- Operate the Picker to lift, move, position or place equipment and materials.
- Perform routine maintenance.
- Follows and complies with all internal company and contractor policies & procedures.
- Participates in pre-job hazard assessments & inspections prior to commencing any job.
- Responsible for loading equipment and properly securing loads in a manner that ensures compliance with weight restrictions and government regulations.
- To complete all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner, while following all federal hours of service regulations.
- To complete job tasks with personal and public safety as the top priority.
- Journeyman Boom Truck Operator certificate.
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license & must provide commercial driver’s abstract.
- CSTS 2020.
- First Aid.
- H2S Alive.
- Local candidates preferred, if not local must be willing to relocate.
- Accommodations provided if required for qualified applicants.
- Must be or wiling to become a member of CLAC.
NCSG is a one-stop lift and heavy haul service provider. Our professional project management, planning and lift and heavy haul teams combine to make NCSG a solution provider of choice. Our branch locations are strategically situated throughout Western Canada to ensure the most cost effective and best service for our customers. NCSG is a privately-owned company. For further information please see our website www.ncsg.com