Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary
Salary: $48.28 per hour
Temp Duration: approx 5 months
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
- A Journeyman Tradesman, Millwright, is expected to discharge the responsibility of and to practice fully his/her trades qualifications.
- A Journeyman Tradesman, Millwright, reports to a staff supervisor or delegate.
- Carry out proper construction, installation, adjustments, alignments, repairs and maintenance of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and equipment.
- Assist in training new employees, apprentices and employees in lower classifications.
- Perform duties normally carried out by a lower classification employee.
- Holder of a Canadian Interprovincial Millwright Journeyman Certificate or a Millwright Trades Qualification Certificate.
- In addition, be familiar with and experienced in electric utility’s mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, equipment, apparatus and protective devices and their clearance and isolation procedures.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.