Career Level Red Seal
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID JOURN001239
No. of Openings 1
- Actively participates in Pinnacle’s Owning Safety culture, including the use of DATS for recording safety conversations, observations and training.
- Regularly sets an example and provides leadership for Owning Safety looks to contribute in all areas of the business.
- Support the leadership team when mentoring and training other employees to ensure employees are properly trained and competent complete with the appropriate documentation.
- Maintains Pinnacle’s high standards of housekeeping within the department and with the participation of all team members.
- Utilizes SDS for all chemicals used in the production and ensures all employees are adequately trained on their use.
- Complete all safety related Plant Operator Development Program training requirements as required by each Level.
- Participate and communicate on the company radio’s following Pinnacle’s Radio Usage Procedure
- Maintain radio communication that is brief, clear, in a natural speaking voice and contains only essential instructions and Information.
- Active involvement in Pinnacle Entwistle OH&S Committee.
Routine Daily Maintenance – 75%
- Providing regular and routine maintenance to machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity and environmental policies are held to the highest standards.
- Install, maintain, inspect and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment.
- Work with other trades in a team environment, to increasing safety, efficiency, quality and production.
Shutdown and Strategic Capital Projects – 15%
- Provides assistance and expertise to projects including planning as needed.
- Collaborates with other maintenance team members and Pinnacle staff to ensure safety, efficiency, quality and timely execution of projects.
Mentorship and Leadership to Maintenance Staff – 10%
- Champions the Pinnacle Owning Safety Program; active contributor in maintaining safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations.
- Mentor in house Millwright Apprentices through their professional development.
- Red Seal Certified Millwright
- 5 years of progressive heavy industry experience, preferably in pellet industry, particle board or fibre board industries.
- Welding and fabricating experience an asset.
- Experience with wet precipitators an asset.
- Experience in heavy industry operations an asset.
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer proficient and familiar with work order systems.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Valid Driver’s license.
To apply, please click on the “Apply for the Job” button and submit your resume. * Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this position.