Career Level Journeyperson
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1+
Rate $49.37 per hour
Union/Non Union Position
Journeyman Millwright (Temporary) – Future Opportunities
Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary
Salary: $49.37 per hour
Temp Duration: Up to 4 months
Posting End Date: Open
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company providing renewable and practical energy solutions to more than 1.2 million customers while also taking steps toward a lower carbon future.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,500 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us, and let’s rethink energy together.
- A Journeyman Tradesman, Millwright, is expected to discharge the responsibility of and to practice fully his/her trades qualifications.
- A Journeyman Tradesman, Millwright, reports to a staff supervisor or delegate.
- Carry out proper construction, installation, adjustments, alignments, repairs and maintenance of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and equipment.
- Assist in training new employees, apprentices and employees in lower classifications.
- Perform duties normally carried out by a lower classification employee.
- Holder of a Canadian Interprovincial Millwright Journeyman Certificate or a Millwright Trades Qualification Certificate.
- In addition, be familiar with and experienced in electric utility’s mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, equipment, apparatus and protective devices and their clearance and isolation procedures.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!