Career Level Red Seal
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID MILLW01233
No. of Openings 1
Core Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Routine Daily Maintenance
- Providing regular and routine maintenance to machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity, and environmental policies are held to the highest standards.
- Install, maintain, inspect, and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment.
- Work with other trades in a team environment, to increasing safety, efficiency, quality, and production.
Shutdown and Strategic Capital Projects
- Provides assistance and expertise to new projects including planning support as needed.
- Collaborates with other maintenance team members and Pinnacle staff to ensure safety, efficiency, quality and timely execution of projects.
Team and Mentorship
- Champions the Pinnacle Owning Safety Program; active contributor in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations.
- Actively participates in Owning Safety programs including the use of the Digital Action Tracking System (DATS) for recording safety conversations, observations, and training.
- Sets an example and provides leadership for Pinnacle’s Value of Owning Safety and the overall Safety program onsite.
- Utilizes MSDS for all chemicals used in the production and ensures all employees are adequately trained on their use.
- Mentor in house Millwright Apprentices through their professional development.
Minimum Requirements Education, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities
- Red Seal Certified; completed a journeyman apprenticeship in relevant trade (Millwright, Electrician, Heavy Duty Mechanic).
- 5 years of progressive heavy industry experience, preferably in pellet industry, particle board or fibre board industries.
- Welding and fabricating experience an asset.
- Experience with wet precipitators an asset.
- Experience in heavy industry operations an asset.
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer proficient and familiar with work order systems.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Valid Driver’s license.
To apply, please click on the “Apply for the Job” button and submit your resume. * Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this position.