Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 23338
No. of Openings 1
We are currently looking to add a Journeyman Machinist, Field Services to our Edmonton, AB Field Service team.
Reports to: Foreman, Field Service
Shift: 7 x 7
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
Travel: around 75%
Key Job Responsibilities
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock to display placement of cuts.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repair, maintain machines.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Advise clients about the materials being used for finished products.
- Program computers and electronic instruments such as numerically controlled machine tools.
- Set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
- Dismantle machines or equipment, using hand tools and power tools, in order to examine parts for defects and replace defective parts where needed.
- Establish work procedures for fabricating new structural products.
- Journeyman Machinist Certification and Red Seal
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years Machining experience
- Must be willing to do Field Service work
- Must be willing to work shift work (day/night)
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- Must have no restrictions for access for any mine site
Other Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing.
- Confer with numerical control programmers to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly, and that output will meet specifications.
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Prepare working sketches for the illustration of product appearance.
- Install experimental parts and assemblies such as hydraulic systems, electrical wiring, lubricants, and batteries into machines and mechanisms.
- Other duties as assigned
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.