Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 23670
No. of Openings 1
Department Field Services
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines.
Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide. Komatsu Mining is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Komatsu Mining’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment.
- Maintenance, repair, service and inspection of the mining equipment
- Able to diagnose faults and malfunctions
- Adjust, repair or replace all defective equipment parts, components or systems serviced at customer sites
- Test the repaired equipment for proper performance
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Experience using Micrometers to measure tight tolerances
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also participate in the work of other mechanics and apprentices within the shop and field environment
- Other duties, as assigned
- Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification including Red Seal Certification
- 3-5 years of mining or construction related experience
- Previous experience work with Joy Global product would be a benefit
- Strong proficiency in reading and interpreting technical manuals relating to manufacturer specifications and warranty environments
- Must have a demonstrated ability to efficiently diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair issues in mechanical systems common to mining and/or construction equipment products
- Experience in a customer facing role and a sound understanding of the importance of customer relationships
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail and able to work within the framework of multiple deadlines
- Hold a strong standard for quality and safety
- Have a team oriented approach and thought process
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!
No agency or candidate phone calls please. Komatsu Mining Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.