Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 23446
No. of Openings 1
We are currently looking to add a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic, Field Service to our Edmonton, Alberta location.
Reports to: Foreman, Field Services
Shift: 7 x 7, 12 hours per shift, rotational between days and nights
Location: Edmonton, AB
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintenance, repair, service and inspection of the mining equipment
- Able to diagnose faults and malfunctions
- Adjust, repair or replace all defective equipment parts, components or systems serviced at customer sites
- Test the repaired equipment for proper performance
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Experience using Micrometers to measure tight tolerances
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also participate in the work of other mechanics and apprentices within the shop and field environment
- Able to travel and work in remote locations (90%)
- Other duties, as assigned
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification including Red Seal Certification
- 3-5 years of mining or construction related experience
- Previous experience work with Joy Global product would be a benefit
- Strong proficiency in reading and interpreting technical manuals relating to manufacturer specifications and warranty environments
- Must have a demonstrated ability to efficiently diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair issues in mechanical systems common to mining and/or construction equipment products
- Experience in a customer facing role and a sound understanding of the importance of customer relationships
- Must have no restrictions for access for any mine sites
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and experienced in working in field environment
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail and able to work within the framework of multiple deadlines
- Hold a strong standard for quality and safety
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- Have a team-oriented approach and thought process
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please.
Komatsu Mining Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.