Career Level Journeyman
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID JOURN006501
No. of Openings 1
Responsible for providing quality workmanship, consistent service, and technical knowledge to the customers. Performs all tasks related to the testing, diagnosing, repair, maintenance, and reconditioning of heavy equipment, transmissions, engines (gasoline and diesel), and engine components typically on-site at customer or roadside assistance.
- Inspect and diagnose components and equipment for servicing needs.
- Communicate with equipment owners for authorization of servicing and repairs as required.
- Service and repair equipment in the shop and on-site for the customer.
- Recondition and remanufacture components as required for equipment, engine, and hydraulic repairs.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers.
- Communicate equipment servicing needs as required with Branch Supervisor/Manager.
- Communicate work performed and complete service paperwork.
- Update and maintain service records
- Fill out warranty information
- Complete work orders
- Participate in manufacturers’ and in house service training. Training may occur during work and/or after work hours.
- Participate in all required Health & Safety Training.
- Comply with the Health & Safety program and practices.
- Performance of daily duties in a manner conducive to a safe workplace.
- Work with Manufacturers online support.
- Conduct housekeeping duties
- Always maintain a professional company image.
- Meet requirements of Field Level Hazard and Job Hazard assessments
- Where required tests, measures, and verifies electrical component operations, including energized components and electrical fields; conducts building transfer tests to confirm correct operation of transfer switches, breakers, and generator units.
- Education: Trade certification, Journeyman Red Seal and/or currently registered in a related Provincial Apprenticeship program.
- Work Experience: 2-3 years
- Knowledge: Proficient written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to work with customers, exceptional customer service; demonstrated mechanical aptitude, analysis, and problem-solving skills
Since 1858, Wajax has been a leading industrial products and solutions provider continually innovating to serve Canadian industry coast-to-coast. We work in an extensive range of industries and core sectors of the Canadian economy including energy and renewables, food and beverage, construction, industrial/commercial, transportation, forestry, mining, metal processing, and oil and gas – to name a few. Everything we do is powered by people passionate about making a difference and who are dedicated to driving Canadian industry forward. People who provide the experience and expertise that support the industries that build our cities, power our businesses, put a roof over our heads and food on our tables.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.”
- Competitive health and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility (100% employer paid premiums).
- Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers.
- Exclusive discounts with a variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a group mortgage, home & auto insurance program and more.
By working with Wajax, you become part of an inclusive and diverse team that is dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!