Career Level Red Seal
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 2022-009
No. of Openings 1
WHY CHOOSE COPPER MOUNTAIN MINE?
The mine is located approximately twenty kilometers south of the community of Princeton, British Columbia at the center of the Similkameen Valley. Princeton offers a variety of activities for every season. The Kettle Valley Railway makes up part of the TransCanada trail that goes right through town. The area boasts miles of trails for hiking, off road vehicle fun, includes plenty of lakes for fishing, kayaking, and camping. The community offers something for everyone and interests, such as golfing, yoga, karate, highland dance, curling, bowling and hockey. You have proximity to both the Lower Mainland and the Okanagan within in a two-hour or less drive that offers a variety of fun-filled activities. Princeton quickly become a popular place to call home. If you like working with people in a diverse fast-paced environment that offers a work-life balance unlike that of the big city; this could be the opportunity for you. Our power is through our people, our teams, bringing the right skills together to achieve higher performance, productivity, and reward.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
At Copper Mountain Mine, we see our environmental responsibilities as an integral component in our
operations requiring a conscientious effort to minimize our environmental footprint. We are committed to achievable Health and Safety standards. We prioritize Aboriginal and Community Outreach. We have a robust development and organic growth pipeline highlighting with our Princeton, BC mine as our flagship asset producing 100 million pounds of copper equivalent per year. We understand that is our people who bring a blend of skills and experience that see every problem having a solution and leverages that mix of talent. As a Journeyman Electrician (Job Code 2022-009), reporting to the Mine Maintenance Shop Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance inspections and repairs to production mining equipment.
Your work will include:
- Actively participate in all Environmental, Health and Safety aspects of the mine and assure all safety procedures and programs are effectively being followed.
- Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical writing, fixtures, control devices and
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, electrical code specifications and schematics to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment
- Diagnose, locate the root cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test
- Perform preventive maintenance through inspection of electrical systems, equipment, and components
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date maintenance records
- Test electrical system and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Direct and train apprentices to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant organizational, provincial, and federal safety
regulations, codes, and specifications
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Part of Net zero by 2035 aligned with the Paris Agreement.
- Strong foundation with sustainable copper growth.
- Long life assets, low risk and high returns.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Strength in a diverse and inclusive workforce
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR? (Qualifications)
- Industrial Electrician Red Seal Trade Certification
- Ability to learn from others and adopt best practices while maintaining a strong focus on safety,
integrity, and reliability
- Must be able to climb on and under equipment to perform PM inspections and repairs
- Self-motivated and able to work alone with minimal supervision
- Follow all policies, procedures, and SOPs at all times
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must pass pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing.
Copper Mountain Mine is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.