Career Level Journeyman
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 645
No. of Openings 1
NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Services is currently accepting applications for a Taxi Crane Operator. This position is based out of Fort St. John, BC. to support the branch and surrounding area. The Taxi Crane Operator is responsible for effectively performing Lifting and Rigging Services specifically Taxi work and occasional project work. Wage will be based on the Crane Rental Collective Agreement. In addition, NCSG will make employer contributions to the unionized Health and Wellness, Pension and Training Plans.
- Assemble/Disassemble crane.
- Know and follow road and crane regulations.
- Perform pre-operational inspections including hazard assessments, calculating crane capabilities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting.
- Operate mobile to lift, move, position or place equipment and materials.
- Perform routine maintenance.
- Represents the company, help to resolve any customer concerns in professional manner. Following all site rules and adhering to at all times.
- Attend toolbox meetings in a constructive and contributive manner.
- Journeyman Red Seal Mobile Crane Certification.
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s License with clean abstract required.
- CSO, First Aid, H2S Alive and Fall Protection preferred.
- Taxi crane experience required.
- Possess a minimum of 1-3 years previous AT Taxi experience with Dolly up to 275 Ton preferred. preferably experienced operating Liebherr, Tadano and Grove makes.
- Experience operating RT’s, Truck mounts and AT’s up to 275 Ton preferred.
- Competency checks will be required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively.
- Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Understands the operations and limitations of the equipment.
- Mechanical ability to make minor repairs when needed.
- Must be or willing to join Operating Engineers Local 115 Union. Current members must be in good standing.
- Local preferred, if not local must be willing to relocate.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
NCSG is a one-stop lift and heavy haul service provider. Our professional project management, planning and lift and heavy haul teams combine to make NCSG a solution provider of choice. Our branch locations are strategically situated throughout Western Canada to ensure the most cost effective and best service for our customers. NCSG is a privately-owned company. For further information please see our website www.ncsg.com
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.