Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R-2021-4344
No. of Openings 1
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining a variety of Caterpillar equipment in the field.
If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Certification with a valid driver’s license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Valid driver’s license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Previous Caterpillar and general line equipment repair experience
- Completion, or be in the process of completing Finning S-level courses
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision and contribute positively to safe work environment.
- Team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Computer literacy along with an understanding of Finning systems and software programs would be considered assets
- Forestry attachment expertise – Waratah, Southstar
- Experience with Autonomous mining would be considered an asset
- Off Highway truck 793/797 experience
- This position is located at our Finning Kamloops branch working a 5×2 shift
- Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement
- Candidate selection will be made in accordance with the Collective Agreement
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.