Career Level Apprentice
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 221651
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. We are seeking experienced Structural Ironworkers & Ironworker Apprentices located in the Greater North Vancouver Area, British Columbia.
As an Ironworker or Apprentice for our North Vancouver Regional Area, you will contribute to our team by:
- Having rigging knowledge and experience
- Signaling crane to position structural steel into place according to drawings and sequencing.
- Aligning, and bolting units in place
- Unloading and positioning units to be hoisted into place as per lift sequencing.
- Completing task hazard assessments and maintain a safe work environment.
What you will bring to the role:
- Minimum 2 year experience in structural ironworking
- Apprentices should have skills appropriate to their years in the trade.
- Experience with industrial commercial Institutional projects is an asset.
- Experience working on conventional steel commercial structure
- Flexible to work overtime when required.
- Have own erection hand tools’
- Reliability is very important.
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle to travel to job sites (North Vancouver-Not accessible by transit)
- Understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures and work within a crew accordingly.
- Zoom boom and Forklift certification an asset.
Benefits and Training with PCL
- A matching retirement savings plan
- Extended health plan (Prescription drugs, dental and other coverage)
- Safety and equipment training provided.
- Apprenticeship bursaries for technical training
How to Apply
To apply, simply click on the “Apply for the Job” button and attach resume. Please specify in the message that you are applying for the following job posting:
Ironworkers and Ironworker Apprentices – North Vancouver, British Columbia (Job Number: 221651)
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!