Career Level Apprentice
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID R9924
No. of Openings 1
You are an apprentice Ironworker with experience to support us on industrial oil & gas projects. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working on the CBR Cogen project. This is a three-year project that includes replacement of three coke fired boilers with two 400 MegaWatt cogen units. The project is conveniently located right outside of Fort McMurray at Suncor Baseplant.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray!
- Stick build steel erection for structural steel building and structural steel panelization
- Bolt up and impacting
- Study blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the lay out of work
- Position steel units, align holes, and insert temporary bolts while checking alignments and joining steel parts
- Heavy lift, rigging and setting of building modules
- Ensures the safety of the crew, equipment, and environment
- Ensures that work is completed during regular hours
- Must be a registered Ironworker apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Ledcor requires possession of OSSA Regional with CSTS/BSO or CSO, Fall Protection
- EWP and Confined Space are an asset
- Must have basic Ironworker tools
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated), or agree to submit to testing requirements
- Project is located in the Fort McMurray AB.
- 10/4 schedule working 10 hours per day + additional banked time to allow leaving early on last day of work
- Site based camp provided
- Charter Flights from either Edmonton or Calgary
- Travel allowance for out-of-province candidates who qualify
- Driving to Fort McMurray is an option as there is camp parking available
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.