Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1+
PTW is hiring a 4th year Instrumentation Apprentice and a Lead Hand to join our team in Grande Prairie, AB or Fort St. John/Dawson Creek, BC! If you are available to start immediately, we want to hear from you!
GOOD TO KNOW…
- Early May to late October 2022
- INSTRUMENTATION, LEAD HAND AND 4TH YEAR APPRENTICE
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications
- Work with a variety of pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing instruments to measure and control variables
- Interpret and use appropriate CSA, ISA and API installation standards and practices
- Use pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation, diagnose faults and tubing
- Performs mechanical work associated with instrument repair and modification while having the ability to remove and install small piping and tubing.
- Rebuilds and calibrates transmitters and control valves; tune controllers.
- Must possess industrial experience.
- Must be a certified Instrumentation Journeyperson or a registered Instrumentation apprentice.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable (i.e.: punctual and ready to work).
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work safely.
- H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, CSTS 09 and WHMIS 2015. AWP & Fall Arrest both considered an asset.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have own transportation as most locations are not accessible with public transportation.
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | Apprenticeship Tuition Reimbursement | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Consistent work | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the provincial and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team.
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada, and the United States. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
PTW is a leader in electrical, instrumentation and rigid structures. We have 2,500 talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. PTW is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION