Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada and the United States. We have workforce of talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
Instrumentation Journeymen… Are you ready for the next step in your career?
PTW is hiring a local Instrumentation Lead/Foreman to join our team in Brooks, AB. We are looking for qualities like confidence, integrity, leadership, open to ongoing learning and problem solving. If this describes you well and you are local to the Brooks area, we want to hear from you!
GOOD TO KNOW
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Supervises the repairs and troubleshooting of electrical, instrumentation and control equipment and emission monitoring instrumentation.
- Supervises field employees while working with crew.
- Plans and schedules work for the group ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Works with area manager to resolve issues with design, manufacturability or drawings and build sequence.
- Establishes methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors or departments.
- Monitors and enforces safety, health, environment and loss prevention programs, practices, policies and procedures by observations. Works with the foremen/crew to take corrective actions.
- Inspects and tests operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical, and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments.
- Rebuilds and calibrates transmitters and control valves, tune controllers.
- Must possess construction and industrial experience.
- Must be a certified Journeyman Instrumentation Technician
- Minimum 5 years of journeyman’s experience.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable (i.e.: punctual and ready to work).
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work safely.
- Local position or within commuting distance.
- Must have applicable safety tickets (i.e. CSTS-09, WHMIS 2015,Standard First Aid, H2S)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | Apprenticeship Tuition Reimbursement Program | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company.
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the provincial and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team
PTW is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION