Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 1977
No. of Openings 1+
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada and the United States. We have workforce of talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
PTW is hiring Instrumentation Technician Journeypersons to join our team in Lower Mainland, British Columbia. If you are a certified Instrumentation Journeyman and available to start in the new year, we want to hear from you!
GOOD TO KNOW
- Local position or within commuting distance
- Work Schedule – 5 days on and 2 days off
- Location: Lower Mainland, BC
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Repairs and troubleshoots electrical, instrumentation and control equipment and emission monitoring instrumentation.
- Performs installation, calibration, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance of protective relays, computers, metering, monitoring and control systems on gas turbines, generators, and plant auxiliary equipment.
- Inspects and tests operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical, and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments.
- Performs installation of process control instrumentation such as transmitters, controllers, analyzers, and control valves.
- Performs mechanical work associated with instrument repair and modification while having the ability to remove and install small piping and tubing.
- Rebuilds and calibrates transmitters and control valves, tune controllers.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports.
- Must possess construction and maintenance instrumentation experience.
- Preventative maintenance experience is an asset.
- Must be a certified Journeyperson Instrumentation Technician with over 3 years’ experience.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable (i.e.: punctual and ready to work).
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work safely.
- Must have applicable safety tickets (CSTS-09, WHMIS 2015, Standard First Aid)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | PTW Apprenticeship Tuition Program | RRSP program available | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Consistent work | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the provincial and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team.
PTW is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION