Career Level Journeyman
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID INSTR002833
No. of Openings 1
Are you motivated by hard work, have a positive attitude and a strong focus on safety? If so, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Electrical Team Leader, the instrument mechanic is an integral member of the maintenance department. The instrument mechanic is responsible for maintaining all process instrumentation and controls throughout the facility to ensure safe operating practices. This role will wire, troubleshoot, repairs, calibrates, and maintains equipment and/or control instruments to minimize downtime.
What We’re Looking For:
- Certified Instrument Mechanic with a valid Journeyperson certification
- Strong working knowledge on programmable logic controllers and distributed control systems
- Ability to complete test and maintenance reports
- Logical approach on problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Strong working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electricity, and electronics systems
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Previous experience in a forest products environment will be considered an asset
- Good written and verbal communication skills, complemented by excellent computer skills
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay of $44.95/hour and exceptional benefits
- Excellent relocation package available
- Northern tax deductions may be available to Tolko employees
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.