Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID INDUS007188
No. of Openings 1
West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser’s Williams Lake Plywood division, has an opportunity for an:
As the Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) you will be a key player in our continuous maintenance improvement program through daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies.
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery
- Work in manlifts with the use of fall protection equipment
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Verify and document repairs made
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification, or a Millwrighting Apprentice preparing to enroll in their 4th year
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work closely with other trades and employees
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible schedule in order to work days, nights and/or weekend shifts
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence by submitting your resume and cover letter to www.westfraser.com/jobs
For more information on West Fraser and other career opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.