Career Level Mill Operator
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID INDUS007323
No. of Openings 1
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. Listed on the TSX and recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products. Our Manning Forest Products Division has an opportunity for an:
INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC (CERTIFIED MILLWRIGHT)
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment and repair as required
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Verify and document repairs made
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Must be able to work various shifts
- Mill experience, preferred
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Trades or better in Millwright.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
The Town of Manning is a family-friendly community located in Northwest Alberta. The area offers affordable housing, year-round recreational activities, and outdoor pursuits. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in Manning and the surrounding County of Northern Lights. See more at www.manning.ca and www.countyofnorthernlights.com
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.