Career Level Certification
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 22000902
No. of Openings 1
At J. D. Irving, Limited, you are a part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity, are passionate about achieving results, and committed to the service of sound environmental management. We are focused on continuous improvement and use leading edge technology to grow our businesses and provide increasing career opportunities.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 15,000 dedicated employees.
A leader in the Maritime Forest Products Industry, the Doaktown Sawmill is currently seeking a motivated individual to fill the position of Industrial Electrician.
J. D. Irving is a family-owned company that is focused on safety, sustainability, and teamwork. We are offering the opportunity to join a team working on the maintenance of a brand-new sawmill with state-of-the-art technology. We are proud to be able to provide current and future opportunities to join a small community and grow your career in Atlantic Canada.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including:
- GRSP matching
- Flexible benefits
- Vacation pay
- Comprehensive health and wellness programs
- A uniform allowance
- Corporate discounts
As an Industrial Electrician your primary responsibility is to work with the maintenance and production teams to ensure the safe and continued operation of the Doaktown Sawmill, Planermill, and Value Added lines. The ideal candidate for this role will understand that this position will include shifts that can operate overnight.
Some key responsibilities for this role will include:
- General electrical maintenance, including inspections, repairs, and new construction
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical issues
- Responding to requests from both the Production Supervisors and the Maintenance Supervisor
- Committing to and always promoting the use of safe practices
- Training and developing apprentice(s)
Education, certifications, and experience required:
- Trade Certification or Associate’s Degree
- 2 to 5 years of industrial electrical experience
Education, certifications, and experience considered an asset:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and various control systems experience
- Experience in a sawmill or production/manufacturing setting
If you have questions about this position, please contact Stephanie O’Brien, HRBP at Obrien.Stephanie@JDIrving.com.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.