Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Rate $35.78 per hour
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN Interfor – NAIRN CENTER
Interfor is looking for an INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN to complete the team of our Nairn Sawmill in Ontario.
What You’ll Do
- Perform daily checks (continuity, current, voltage and resistance) and diagnostics on equipment.
- Repair, install and test the equipment. (Transformers, regulators, motors, generators, electrical control system).
- Design control panels and install circuit power distribution.
- Interpret the requirements of the electrical code and ensure compliance.
- Responding to emergencies during the breakdown.
- PLC programming (A.P.I.)
- Other related tasks
What You Offer
- Have a college degree in Instrumentation / Control or a degree of professional studies recognized for certified Electrician.
- At least two years of experience in an industrial environment, preferably in a timber complex.
- Sawmill and/or planer experience will be considered an asset.
- Ability to attain a “C” license as an electrician.
- Knowledge of the Omron PLCs would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
- Be available to work on shifts day, evening or night.
- Ticketed: Red Seal, Preferred.
- Efficient and organized.
- Demonstrate collaborative spirit and initiative.
- Analytical, conscientious and agile.
- Results-oriented, in compliance with safety standards.
WAGE & HOURS:
- $35.78 per hour. Overtime pay of $53.67 after 40 hours; 12 hours per day, 48 hours per week, Shift rotation of 7 on / 7 off.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.