Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
When you join our team as a Electrician, you will report to the Maintenance Supervisor, and you will perform all maintenance and repair of equipment in the sawmill. Working in a sawmill, you’ll discover that they do more than transform forest products, they also transform our communities.
The hourly wage for this position is $37.27/hr (certified red seal) and will work a shift rotation between days and nights. Schedule – 7/7 – 12.5hrs shift.
What You’ll Do
- Perform daily checks (continuity, current, voltage and resistance) and diagnostics on equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install and test industrial electrical equipment. (Transformers, sensors, motors, generators, electrical control system)
- Design control panels and install circuit power distribution.
- Interpret the requirements of the electrical code and ensure compliance.
- Responding to emergencies during breakdown.
- PLC programming.
- Other related tasks
What You Offer
- At least two years of experience in an industrial environment, preferably in a timber complex.
- Sawmill and/or planer experience will be considered an asset.
- 442A Industrial Electrician or 309A Construction and Maintenance Electrician License; qualified certification.
- Experience with Control Logix 5000, Omron, PLC 5 & Various types of HMI’s are an asset.
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Be available to work on day, evening and night shifts (Weekdays and Weekends).
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical & Dental)
- Tool Allowance
- RPP Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.