Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
About Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
Arctic Canadian is a Canadian mining company and a significant producer and supplier of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns and operates the Ekati Diamond Mine, located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. In addition to its mining and exploration operations, Arctic Canadian has offices in Canada and Belgium.
Working a two (2) week in followed by a two (2) week out rotation and reporting to the Warehouse Team Leader, the Hydrocarbon Technician 1 is responsible for the delivery of fuel and lubes to all mining equipment and bulk fuel delivery to day tanks around the site. This role requires working outdoors in extreme cold during the winter months, as well as physical labor including lifting, pulling and carrying of tools and equipment related to the role. The successful candidate must be self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team to achieve best-in-class efficiency and productivity.
- Operate bulk lube and bulk fuel trucks including Cat 730 & 745, Tractor Trailer & Tandems;
- Perform required services on Heavy Equipment such as greasing, fueling, and fluid top ups, as required;
- Maintain inventory levels in all locations, distribute fuel and lubes to all locations when required;
- Operate computerized Fuel Management System;
- Report all spills and manage through clean-up process and mitigation
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Class 1 license would be considered an asset;
- Experience in the fuel delivery, fuel distribution and/or fuel management;
- Experience in mining operations or industrial settings;
- Bulk lube truck and bulk fuel truck experience;
- Working knowledge of SAP and basic computer literacy with willingness to learn new computer skills.
What we offer
At Arctic, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why we are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
Arctic offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and total compensation package, including company paid extended health, dental and vision care, an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), employer matched pension, generous paid vacation and personal days, as well as a Dependent Scholarship Program and employee discounts. On site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities,
Arctic provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other northern fly points.
Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic’s Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.arcticcanadian.ca to apply and to learn more about Arctic’s operations.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!