Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience 5-10 Years
Posting ID 20997
No. of Openings 1
Department Hard Rock Group
Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to drill, cut, crush, load and convey minerals worldwide. Please visit www.mining.komatsu for more information.
We are currently looking to add a Hydraulic Engineer to our Hard Rock Group at our Sudbury, Ontario location.
Under the Design Manager supervision, the Hydraulics Engineer is responsible for designing full hydraulic systems for off-highway road machines, creating hydraulic schematics, developing component selectrions with the suppliers to meet the performance and cost targets, support prototype builds, and developing and executing design validation plans for hydraulic systems.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create full hydraulic schematics for off-highway mobile machinery.
- Optimized hydraulic component selection in order to achieve the cost target and machine performance.
- Schematics and manifold design in order to achieve functional specification as per product description.
- Design and model hose routing for mobile machinery.
- Work closely with vendors to optimize component selection.
- Work closely with operations, manufacturing engineering, product support and purchasing.
- 5 to 10 years of experience with mobile equipment hydraulic design;
- Familiar with ISO, ANSI and CSA safety regulations;
- Familiar with ERP system;
- Understanding of ECNs, ECRs, NCRs, RAs, DFMEA and PFMEA;
- Experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks;
- Experience using MatLab and Automation Studio is an asset.
Komatsu Mining Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefit package, continual focus on training and development, and a financially sound company in a growing industry.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting!