Experience Mid Level
No. of Openings 4
Rate 40.58 hour
Training Provided Yes
Reporting to the Assistant Superintendent, Operations & Mechanical (ASOM), the HVAC-R Technician is an integral team member of the Rocky Mountaineer Operations and Mechanical team. The HVAC-R Technician will be responsible for the safe inspection, maintenance, and repair of the HVAC and refrigeration equipment on Rocky Mountaineer’s facilities and assets. This position is deemed Safety Critical and pre-employment testing will be required. Final candidates must successfully pass a safety critical medical exam and will undergo medical monitoring as prescribed by Transport Canada. What we offer:
- A one time signing bonus of $10,000.00 will be offered (conditions will apply)
- Competitive Wage – plus shift differentials
- Flexible Schedules & Work/Life Balance (3 x 12hr shifts in summer and 4x10hr in winter)
- Annual Complimentary Rail Passes for 2
- Friends & Family Discounts for rail journeys and merchandise
- 100% employer paid extended health and dental and vision
- Employer RRSP Matching Program
- Bonus Program
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- High performing and supportive team
- Fun team events like BBQ and carwash fundraiser, golf tournaments, annual Christmas party, family Christmas train, and more!
Key Areas of Accountability
- Maintain and repair all HVAC and refrigeration equipment
- Execute regular equipment inspections to verify equipment and systems are operating optimally
- Monitor, troubleshoot, replace, and calibrate and program controls
- Maintain associated electrical and electronic controls
- Update documentation (drawings, specifications, ODS logs, etc.) related to HVAC services
- Perform minor preventative maintenance on tools and equipment
- Troubleshoot diverse equipment types and support cross functional trade defect repairs
- Willingness to participate in personal development company initiatives
- Comply with Canadian Railway Operating Rules (CROR), General Operating Instructions (GOI), Federal Railroad Association (FRA), and all other safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Identify, protect, and report safety hazards to management and OH&S Committee
- Meet or exceed safety and security requirements
- Maintain basic first aid level provided by Rocky Mountaineer
Education, Certification, Licenses
- Red Seal Refrigeration Mechanic Qualification
- First Aid Level 1 Certification, an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Qualification and/or proven knowledge in safe heavy equipment operations such as forklifts, cranes, etc.
- Qualification and/or proven knowledge in safe small hand tool handling such as grinders, drills, etc.
- Experience in 120, 208, 240, and 480-volt AC systems and 24vDC systems
- Experience with heating and refrigeration in commercial building and mobile equipment industries is preferred
- Hot gas bypass systems knowledge and experience
- May require occasional travel
- Physical demands may require lifting to 80 lbs. on occasion
- Rail industrial site that requires walking and sitting throughout the day
- 24/7 operation that may require varied work schedules
- Indoor/outdoor working environment
As a federally regulated transportation organization, we have a duty to comply with all applicable legislative requirements, therefore, all individuals will be required to present proof of vaccination confirming they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their employment.
Note: Reasonable accommodations will be considered if they comply with the medical or religious exemptions permitted by applicable federal legislation and ministerial orders.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.