Career Level Licensed
Experience Mid Level
We are currently looking to add a Journeyman HVAC to our Sparwood, BC branch.
Reports to: Technical Service Supervisor, HVAC
Shift: 7×7, 12 hour shifts
Location: Sparwood, British Columbia
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
- Perform HVAC unit installations on mobile mining equipment including haul trucks,
- electric shovels, hydraulic shovels, drills, front end loaders, etc.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on HVAC units on mobile mining equipment
- Troubleshoot issues on Mine Air units in the field
- Troubleshoot and repair stationary HVAC units.
- Troubleshoot and repair shovel air compressors.
- Assist customers in choosing appropriate HVAC units for their equipment
- Identify and follow up on new sales opportunities when appropriate
- Up to 25% travel domestically and internationally will be required. Primarily US and Canada.
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Red Seal Journeyman HVAC Mechanic certificate
- Highly motivated, detail oriented self-starter who is able to work independently
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time.
- Experience in the mining industry would be considered an asset
- Must have a strong safety focus