Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience Mid Level
No. of Openings 1
Management’s objective is to work with its employees to establish a well-known company that is respected for quality materials, workmanship and service at competitive rates. With your help, team effort and positive contribution to the working environment, we look forward to continued company growth and success.
In a cooperative, enthusiastic environment, the HVAC Estimator must be capable of calculating tenders for the employer that ensure an adequate return on the resources employed. In making contractual arrangements, it is usual for the HVAC Estimator to prepare estimates, quotes and tender prices from deficiency reports, architectural drawings and the bill of materials supplied by the client. Occasionally, projects are presented as concepts and budgets must be prepared from non-specific equipment quantities.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Educational requirements include a construction/engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Proficiency in department’s computer system and department software is necessary.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others, have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situation where only limited direction exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings and use knowledge of HVAC, automation and electrical industry to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare control estimates by calculating complete scope of work and be responsible for the take-off and pricing of HVAC, automation, and electrical materials to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, etc.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Support other department personnel as required may include preparing estimates in other areas of the business.
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Create detailed cost estimates including scope definition, exceptions / exclusions in preliminary proposal, points list and system sketches.
- Visit consulting engineers to develop relationship and assist in their preparation of drawings / specifications and the development of budgets.
- Identifying additional areas of potential revenue generating work and delegating to the responsible department / person. (E.g. refrigeration piping, equipment startup, service contract, etc.)
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- 75% office environment, 25% site assessment & meeting with clients band engineers.
- 5 & 4 work week rotation
- Service & Project Manager
- Minimal Supervision
- Training provided where applicable
- Demonstrate commitment to Kimco Vision, Mission and Culture.
- To provide consistent service and response time to our clients.
- The HVAC Estimator will help Kimco meet the growth and service requirements of our clientele and technicians.
- We believe it is through choice that people take advantage of the opportunities at Kimco Controls Ltd. We are a company focused on continually searching out opportunities to make a difference, to become stronger, to stay a leader.
Kimco Controls Ltd is a leading provider of HVAC maintenance and solutions
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!