Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 650
No. of Openings 1
NCSG Hauling & Rigging is seeking a Heavy Haul Driver to support our Bonnyville division. The position will report to the appropriate supervisor, the Heavy Haul Driver will be responsible for pre-operational inspections, prepare for a safe load movement and transport equipment on trailers up to 112 wheels to meet the specialized transport needs of customers while adhering to safety and transportation regulations. Workloads and schedules may vary.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Read and understand transport plan beforehand in order to know whether it is free from obstacles and accessible.
- Assemble, configure, and dissemble of Tractor Trailer.
- Visually inspect all systems on a regular basis and prior to each movement to ensure compliance with appropriate Standards, Codes, Specifications and Procedures.
- Assure all transports are within load limits of equipment and correctly secured.
- Pilot over dimensional loads.
- Operate the trailers in simple and complex transports according to job requirements.
- Attend toolbox meetings in a constructive and contributing manner.
- Carry out any other prevalent activities which can be reasonably demanded and/or which are necessary in the company’s interest.
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s License with clean abstract.
- CSTS 2020.
- First Aid.
- H2S Alive.
- WHIMIS 2015.
- Must provide current commercial driver’s abstract that will be subject to internal review for hiring approval.
- Possess a minimum of 1-3 years previous experience hauling all types of equipment including Trailers and Hydraulic Platform Trailers (Jeep/Lowboy makes preferred) and winch trucks.
- Previous experience working with hydraulic systems and components is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively.
- Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Time management skills.
- Good judgement and the ability to react quickly in emergency situations.
- Understands the operations and limitations of the equipment.
- Mechanical ability to make minor repairs when needed.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.