Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Heavy Equipment Technician (Off Road)
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
About Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
Arctic Canadian is a Canadian mining company and a significant producer and supplier of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns and operates the Ekati Diamond Mine, located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. In addition to its mining and exploration operations, Arctic Canadian has offices in Canada and Belgium.
As a member of the Maintenance Team, the Heavy Equipment Technician will report to the Team Leader, Maintenance and work a two week (2) weeks on, two (2) weeks off rotation at the Ekati mine site. The Heavy Equipment Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of all heavy-duty equipment on site. The successful candidate must focus on safety, quality, and accuracy of work and shall be adaptable to changing roles within the function.
- Complete Initial field inspections, preventive maintenance, field repairs, component changes, and all other standard maintenance activities required to maintain site equipment;
- Execute the site’s contamination control strategy including fluid monitoring, formal pre-fill protocols and on-site filtration device and procedures;
- Performing all services in connection with site equipment, parts and components;
- Mentorship of employees, trainees and trades people;
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures;
- Work with other trades in a flexible team environment to achieve best-in-class efficiency and productivity.
- Certified Journeyperson Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician;
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Must have experience with mining equipment;
- Working knowledge of SAP and basic computer literacy with willingness to learn new computer skills;
- Ability to comprehend a situation and identify underlying causes, use knowledge and experience to tackle and solve technical issues;
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Class 5 driver’s license is required.
What we offer
At Arctic, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why we are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
Arctic offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and total compensation package, including company paid extended health, dental and vision care, an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), employer matched pension, generous paid vacation and personal days, as well as a Dependent Scholarship Program and employee discounts. On site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities,
Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic’s Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.arcticcanadian.ca to apply and to learn more about Arctic’s operations.
To Apply: Please apply through our careers page and indicate in writing if you are an internal candidate. Please apply with your resume and proof of Certification as a Journeyperson Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!