Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 739
No. of Openings 1
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
Type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Incubator – Fort McKay, AB
Schedule: 14 on /14 off OR 7on/ 7 off – 12 hour days
Local to Fort McMurray/Fort McKay – Accommodations and flights may be available.
- High Base Rates
- Health, Dental & Pension – Immediately – No Waiting Period
- Signing Bonus of $3000 *Must meet the applicable requirements
- Plus Annual Retention*
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of copies of your safety tickets and abstract.
Bouchier is looking for a Heavy Equipment Technician who is upbeat, energetic, confident, self-motivated and reliable. We require a technician who performs their tasks efficiently, to the best of their ability with a high standard of quality along with strong problem-solving skills and can work as part of a team or by alone. A technician who is well versed in all aspects of repairs to trucks, trailers and equipment from basic maintenance to engine repairs, electrical and diagnostics.
- Ensures all Workplace Safety, Environmental and National Safety Code Policies and Regulations are being adhered to
- Read diagrams/schematics and manufacturers repair manuals for work procedures
- Operate a hoist and lift device to position machinery parts in a safe manner
- Inspect and examine vehicles and equipment
- Lubricate, service, diagnose, repair, assemble, and maintain vehicles and equipment
- D8 Dozers and down
- 40 Ton Rock Truck/Wiggle Wagons
- 966 Loaders and down
- Highway Trucks and Trailers/Plow Trucks
- Various other pieces of smaller equipment
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault codes
- Keep abreast of changes to industry standards
- Provides guidance and instruction to less experienced, or apprentice maintenance personnel
- Performing hands on maintenance and repairs of all equipment
- Diagnosing electrical, mechanical and hydraulic troubles
- Making repairs according to the manufacturer’s specifications
- Suggest positive changes to policy and procedures as required
- Initiative, diligence and reliability
- Provide training, mentorship and support for Apprentices as required
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have a Journeyman Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate as Heavy-Duty Technician or an Alberta Journeyman
- On highway with CVIP certification is a Must.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Able to dismantle and reassemble equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Knowledge and experience operating all equipment for positioning and diagnosing purposes
- Welding/cutting experience is an asset
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work alone & get along well with others on a work team
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- CSTS and OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation before December 31, 2018) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation after January 1, 2019)
- All applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Please note that some client sites require proof of full vaccination.
- The Bouchier Group is pleased to offer competitive wages, a Health and Dental Benefit Package as well as a group Registered Pension Plan.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found.
Please apply online: Via: bouchier.ca/careers
Main Office PO Box 6607, Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 5N4
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please and please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!