Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R6879
No. of Openings 1
You are an Experienced Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician who enjoys troubleshooting and repairing mobile equipment. You are looking for a challenge within your career and ensure safety is a top priority. You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing various types of construction and maintenance equipment. Experience rebuilding/repairing CAT and John Deer Equipment would be an asset.
Join the Ledcor team in Edson, AB today!
- Perform maintenance and repair of heavy construction and maintenance equipment such as loaders, dozers, excavators, graders, pavers, compactors, plow/sanding trucks and light support gear
- Interprets work orders and technical manuals, and writes service reports
- Perform rebuilds of major components for a variety of equipment
- Follows manufacturer and internal maintenance programs and inspection procedures
- Engages and participates in Ledcor safety policies and procedures
- Complete maintenance records and documentation as required
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have a Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician ticket (on road and off road), or be an experienced, registered Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician from a recognized provincial authority
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and ability to provide a clean 3-year driver’s abstract
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skill
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Licensed CVIP mechanic would be an asset
- Previous experience working with heavy civil construction and/or highway paving and highway maintenance equipment (i.e. snowplows) would be an asset
- Highway truck experience would be an asset
- Work will be based in Edson, AB with some travel to various field operations on a limited base. Candidates local to the area will be given preference
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!