Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID R9293
No. of Openings 1
We are seeking experienced multiskilled Heavy Equipment Operators for our LNG construction projects. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team who prides themselves on safety. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team in Kitimat!
- Effectively and safely operates multiple pieces of equipment such as Excavators, Loader, Dozer, Grader and Haul Truck – utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain and near other equipment and power lines.
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and Labourers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating heavy equipment on heavy civil / earthworks jobs
- Finishing experience is an asset
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- CSTS, First Aid, Ground Disturbance (training may be provided)
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Experienced applicants that reside in Kitimat, BC or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14 days on / 7 days off rotational shift, 10-12-hour work days
- Camp based accommodation provided for non-local candidates
- Flights provided from approved locations
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.