Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID R9069
No. of Openings 1
You are an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic who takes pride providing safe and cost-effective maintenance on heavy mobile mining equipment.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Heavy Civil Mining team for this camp based position in Dubreuiville, Ontario!
- Safe & cost-effective maintenance of heavy mobile equipment.
- Provide support to PM Mechanics and Maintenance technicians.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs on Cat, Komatsu & Hitachi Equipment.
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily field level hazard assessments for all activities.
- Complete maintenance reporting and other documentation as required.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members.
- Be a leader of both safety and production for the team by ensuring compliance with all company, client, and legislated safety policies and procedures.
- Minimum two years of experience as a heavy mobile equipment mechanic on heavy civil mine site.
- Experience with Cat, Komatsu & Hitachi equipment is required.
- Must have computer skills to access equipment faults.
- Ability to troubleshoot engine, transmission & hydraulic issues.
- Ability to communicate equipment problems to supervisors.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Applicants who reside in Ontario will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Must be open to night shifts
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverage)
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.