Career Level Red Seal
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 1596
No. of Openings 1
We are seeking a Pipefitter/Steamfitter with industrial experience to join our Alberni Pacific Division Sawmill Operations in Port Alberni, BC
This is an hourly United Steel Worker (USW) union position with a wage rate of $45.32 and comprehensive benefits and pension. This position requires the ability to work various shifts based on business requirements including days, afternoons and weekends.
These positions are considered safety sensitive, all successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
As an integral part of the Sawmill Maintenance team, the designated Pipefitter/Steamfitter is responsible for but not limited to;
- Maintenance of sawmill site fire protection systems,
- Maintenance of thermal oil and steam lumber drying kilns,
- Repair/replacement of equipment piping components, and
- Water and plumbing systems.
- Assist with other maintenance duties as required.
- Certified Pipefitter/Steamfitter or a minimum of five years experience working as a Pipefitter/Steamfitter, in a heavy industry, where you attained the knowledge and skills to perform the work at a level commensurate with your certified peers. Preference will be given to those who are Red Seal Certified.
- Experience working with maintenance of fire protection systems considered an asset
- Excellent safety record and strong work ethic
- Creative and innovating thinking, logical problem solving, and a desire to participate in an organization committed to continuous improvement
- Accountable and dependable
LIVE WORK PLAY
Vancouver Island is home to some of Canada’s best and most beautiful places to live, not to mention the climate is one of the warmest. The island region experiences warm summers coupled with some of the mildest winters in all of Canada.
The outdoors is your playground, surrounded by the Olympic and Cascade mountain ranges, rainforests and an ocean filled with wildlife. Imagine a place where you could literally go skiing and golf in the same day.
If you are considering moving to Vancouver Island, you will find one of the most unique and special places in all of Canada. The lifestyle here is rich in nature, outdoor activity, and wildlife. Within arm’s reach you will find rivers, lakes, and the Pacific Ocean no matter what quaint and welcoming area you choose to call home.
Discover Vancouver Island as a great place to live work and play: Click Here
At Western Forest Products, we believe our most significant asset is our people. Investing in our people brings value and success to our business, ensuring a safe, engaged, productive and continuously improving workplace. We offer challenging opportunities working alongside the best in the industry to meet your career and professional development goals while providing competitive total rewards and recognition. From our timberlands to mills to our corporate and regional offices, we offer rewarding opportunities in every facet of our business.
Western Forest Products is a leading forest products company that manufactures high-quality wood products and sustainably manages forests. Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with operations in the coastal region of B.C. and Washington State, Western meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty wood products focus and diverse product offering. Our large investment in manufacturing and progressive approach to safe and sustainable forestry practices ensures the health and prosperity of our business, forests and communities for generations to come.