Career Level Journeyman
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 437
Position: Heavy Duty Mechanic
Location: Acheson, Alberta
Job Id: 437
# of Openings: 2
NCSG Crane and Heavy Haul Services is seeking an Journeyman HD Mechanic to assist our maintenance team that supports our Acheson AB. branch and region .The position is based out of Acheson, AB. This will be a fantastic learning and growth opportunity for the right candidate. The HD Mechanic will be responsible for effectively performing maintenance and service of property, equipment and vehicles.
- Daily maintenance of property, equipment (i.e. Cranes), and vehicles throughout the facility.
- Inspects and evaluates operating conditions of equipment and vehicles.
- Performs maintenance activities and modifies existing equipment and systems to keep the facility in good running order.
- Ensures that all maintenance is completed in accordance with established department policies and safety regulations.
- Attends training sessions to update technical knowledge as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Licensed Journeyman Certificate.
- CVIP License required.
- Valid Driver’s License and must provide five year commercial driver’s abstract prior to hiring.
- Class 1 license with Air Brakes endorsement.
- Fall Arrest.
- H2S Alive.
- First Aid.
- CSTS 2020
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a busy shop environment inspecting and repairing cranes and heavy equipment.
- Experience working on cranes required, specifically Liebherr crawlers, as well as Grove, LInkbelt and Tadano cranes.
- Experience creating department records and maintenance logs.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be a member in good standing or willing to join Operating Engineers Local 995.
- Will be required to support other NCSG Branches in Western Canada as needed.
NCSG is a one-stop lift and heavy haul service provider. Our professional project management, planning and lift and heavy haul teams combine to make NCSG a solution provider of choice. Our branch locations are strategically situated throughout Western Canada to ensure the most cost effective and best service for our customers. NCSG is a privately-owned company. For further information please see our website www.ncsg.com
To apply, please click on the “Apply for the Job” button above. Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!