Career Level Red Seal
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID R-2022-3971
No. of Openings 2
Union/Non Union Position
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for the field troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar mining products in support of our Tumbler Ridge operations based out of Prince George, BC.
This position will work a 14 days on and 14 days off, 12-hour continuous shift rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification with a valid driver’s license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification (Red Seal)
- Valid driver’s license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Proven field experience with a preference for experience in mining operations
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Previous Caterpillar mining product repair experience would be considered an asset
- Potential salary between $130,000 – $160,000/year
- Competitive pension and benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Plan and RRSP options
- Paid Vacation
- Tool Allowance
- Boot Allowance
- Any future shift changes will be made in accordance with the collective agreement
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!