Career Level Certification
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R-2021-4193
No. of Openings 1
Department Gahcho Kue Mine
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment on CAT C-175 Prime power units based out of our Finning Gahcho Kue Mine location in the Northwest Territories.
This position is currently a 21 day on 21 day off continuous shift rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journey person Heavy Equipment Technician certification And interested in powerhouse operations, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- C175 experience an asset
- Perform field diagnosis and field repairs
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Valid driver’s license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Previous Caterpillar mining and general line product repair experience would be considered an asset
- This position is based out of our Finning Gahcho Kue a 14 on 14 off continuous shift rotation
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.