Career Level Certification
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R-2021-4957
No. of Openings 1
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for the field troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar mining and general line products, based out of our Finning Terrace location in British Columbia.
This position will work a 14×14 continuous shift rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification with a valid driver’s license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Lead-hand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Valid driver’s license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Previous repair experience on the Caterpillar mining and general line product lines would be considered an asset
- This position is located out of our Finning Terrace branch on a 14×14 continuous shift rotation
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.