Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID R6823
No. of Openings 1
You are an experienced Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic, who enjoys working with your hands. You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing road construction and paving equipment for various highway construction sites across Alberta.
Join the Ledcor Highways team today!
- Perform maintenance and repair of earthmoving and paving equipment such as John Deere/Cat loaders, Cat pavers, Cat/Dynapac rollers, and Asphalt Plants
- Engage and participate in Ledcor safety policies and procedures
- Perform preventative maintenance including filter and lube services and inspections
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems
- Write service reports
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Perform breakdown repairs on mostly engine and powertrain, including some electrical, hydraulic and undercarriage
- More than 5 years’ experience working on highway construction/paving equipment
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or have a Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to provide a valid driver’s abstract
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision and be self motivated
- Must be available to respond to repair callouts
- 6/1 or 24/4 shift rotation for summer months, 5/2 rotation in Nisku shop for off season months
- Substantial overtime work is expected
- Service truck provided
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will primarily be conducted in various field locations in an outside environment.
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!