Career Level Certification
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R-2022-3457
No. of Openings 1
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer. We are looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic – Field Pipeline who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar general line products, based out of our Finning Prince George branch.
This position is based on a 14×14 continuous shift rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar pipeline equipment
- Perform a wide variety of equipment repair diagnostics
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Lead-hand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Previous repair and troubleshooting experience with Caterpillar general line products would be considered an asset
- This position is located at our Finning Prince George branch on a 14×14 continuous shift rotation
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.