Career Level Certification
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R-2022-1452
No. of Openings 1
Rate $56.85 - $58.93
Union/Non Union Position
Did you know that Finning is the worlds largest Caterpillar dealer? Would you like to work for an industry leading dealer for the largest equipment manufacturer in the world? Here at Finning, we service what we sell; from the smallest to the largest machines in the world and we need technicians to help maintain and repair our customers fleets.
We’re looking for qualified heavy-duty mechanics to troubleshoot, maintain and repair a variety of Caterpillar open pit mining equipment.
As the world’s largest Cat dealer, we take pride in the quality of our work and provide a safe, professional work environment for our people. Safety is not just a culture; it is a founding principal of our business. From trucks with 100,000 running hours to trucks that can run themselves, there is no shortage of opportunity to build a career with Finning. All while getting great pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and training to help develop your skills.
If you’re a certified Journeyperson “Offroad” Heavy Equipment Technician who’s self-motivated to learn, can work alone and be a team player, detail-oriented, safety conscious, excels at troubleshooting and repairing heavy equipment with pride, then you’re exactly what we’re looking for.
We’re looking to immediately hire technicians to support field work and customer fleet repair throughout the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. These are fulltime permanent positions based on a 7×7 or 14×14, 12-hour continuous day and night shift rotations.
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Off-Road Certification
- Strong field troubleshooting skills on the Caterpillar mining product line required
- Minimum 1 year field technician experience
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training and Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- 797B/F, 793C/D, 789C/F / 777D/F 24H/M, D11/10 machine and engine experience considered an asset
- $56.85 – $58.93 per hour
- Salary is as per the current Collective Agreement and commensurate on experience and location. Finning Canada is one of the top-paying employers in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Camp, LOA and travel assistance available, depending on location.
- 12% Regional Wage Allowance
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
Candidate selection will follow the terms of the current Collective Agreement. Any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.